Minutes of Green Aberdeen 2nd Annual Meeting, February 4th, 2018, Alumni Room, ARCC
In attendance: Rev. Enno Limvere, Joe Berns, Rob Wedemann, Cassy Bitz, Kim Vandover, Sister Mary Lou Gaeretz, Kathy Stuck
Meeting called to order at 7:04 pm
Sister Mary Lou opened the meeting with a prayer.
Approval of Agenda: Moved by Kim, seconded by Cassy, passed.
Approval of Minutes of 2018 Annual Meeting: Moved by Joe, seconded by Sister Mary Lou, passed.
Presentation of Year in Review by President Limvere & update of 501(c) 3. Corrected paperwork has been sent in December, and because of government shutdown, not sure when will be processed.
Treasure’s report presented by Joe Berns: Moved to approve by Rob, seconded by Kim, passed.
- Election of new board members was tabled.
- Joe Berns presented 2019 Budget: Moved to approve by Rob, seconded by Cassy, passed.
- Earth Day Fair: Moved to have 2019 Earth Day Fair on Monday April 22nd, from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Central Park.
- Promotion – have all materials ready by April 8th
- Sponsorship – have all sponsorships in by April 1st so they can be included in promotion material
- Activities – have them confirmed by April 1st
so can promoted
- Games & Community Activities
- Budget – Overseen by Joe Berns, need to get liability insurance
- Booths & Set Up – need to have map and plan by April 15th
- Goals for 2019
- Community Survey to be done working with NSU completed by end of the year.
- Community Action
- To find events and activities to participate in
- Home Show
- Farmers Market
- Fallout Creative Community
- Downtown Concert Series, Crazy Days
- Aberdeen Night Out
- Work with Easton Castle/O-TE-LA Conservancy for a spring and fall event
- To find events and activities to participate in such as
- People’s Choice – 3 Field trips this year to state parks & green areas
- Talked about Home Show Coming up on March 2 & 3 at the Brown County Fair Grounds.