Minutes from March 6, 2017 Green Aberdeen Meeting

Unofficial Minutes from March 6, 2017

(We had no official secretary so these are from my notes, I may organize it different than how the meeting went.  Enno)

Present:  Rob Wedemann, Arlene Cleberg, Scott Doering, Rachael Gilbertson, Joe Berns, Wendy Seitz, Eve Larson, Kerry Beckler, and Enno Limvere.

No new updates on:        1. Recycling contract with City

  1. Becoming a 501 (3) C
  2. Budget and Fundraising and Grants
  3. Community Garden

Earth Day Planning took up much of our meeting:

  1. Place and Facilities       April 22nd at Briscoe Building and Central Park 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
    1. Briscoe is not charging us rent and are using their insurance for the event.
    2. Need to check if insurance will cover over on Central Park (Enno)
    3. Leaders: Need one or two to be in charge
    4. Workers: Joel Mann and Daughters of American Revolution have signed up so far.
  2. Promotion:
    1. Using poster from last year, Rachael Gilbertson will update. Enno will check with Jayden to see if UPS can print for free or at discount.
    2. Distribute promotional materials
    3. Get a social campaign going through social media
    4. Leaders: _Enno &   ______________(would like one more)
    5. Workers: Rob Wedemann
  3. Events & Entertainment
    1. Community Projects for Saturday – Enno has talked to Parks & Rec and Parternship for Community Pride for Saturday Morning
    2. Onsite Live Music – Bethlehem Praise Band and Joe Berns playing violin are lined up so far. Better Ride, Jim Seaton, and other bands/musicians will be contacted.
    3. Arts – We need someone to help us take this up
    4. Games and Activities for all ages – Central High School is heading this up, and we wondered if there should be a second group/play area some other group could run.
    5. Speakers and Classes: We talked about several groups/people to have come and speak or teach a class – Sand Lake Conservatory, Soil Conservation, Park & Recreation, Yoga Class, and looking for more suggestions.
    6. Need Leaders to coordinate _________________ & ______________________
  4. Booths – We decided that sponsorship will be $75 dollars to sponsor (sponsorship does include a booth space) this year (up from $50),and $35 to rent a space. All non-profit, community organizations will get a free booth space.
    1. We need to recruit business and, non-profit businesses, and community organizations to be a part.
    2. We talked about setting up a separate recycling booth that shows what you can recycle in a blue bin and have a large poster of our list of places to recycling in Aberdeen.
    3. Workers – Kerry Beckler, Scott Doering, and Nicole Johnson are working on this.
    4. I am attaching the forms for getting a booth and being a sponsor. Everyone should try to get their business or the other community organizations they are a part of to either have a booth or sponsor us.  Thank you in advance!!
  5. Fundraising and Finances
    1. Get sponsorships. They will be on poster and in advertisement if they sponsor by March 31st.  Posters will be printed for distribution April 5th.
    2. Put Budget Together of costs for facilities, promotion, events, & entertainment.
    3. Work with Treasuree to ensure fiscal responsibility concerning the budget and handling of money.
    4. Leaders: _Joe Berns_  & _____________
    5. Workers: _Rachael Gilbertson_  _________   __________________
  6. Organizations and Businesses who are working with us or we think will:

Daughters of the American Revolution, Exchange Club, Partners in Community Pride, Chamber of Commerce, NSU Environmental Club, Presentation Environmental Club, Central HS Environmental Club, Briscoe Building, Fallout Creative Community, Oil Room, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H

New Business:


We have people step up at this meeting so we have some new leadership

Secretay – Kerry Beckler

Treasurer – Joe Berns

Board Member at Large – Rob Wedemann

At the next meeting we will be voting on President and filing in the other Board Member at Large Position.

Next Meeting on March 20th 7:30 at ARCC.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *